By Sveta Smirnova
Stuck with insects, functionality difficulties, crashes, facts corruption, and complicated output? If you’re a database programmer or DBA, they’re a part of your lifestyles. The trick is understanding the best way to fast get over them. This particular, example-packed booklet exhibits you the way to deal with an array of vexing difficulties while operating with MySQL.
Written by means of a vital technical aid engineer at Oracle, MySQL Troubleshooting offers the heritage, instruments, and specialist steps for fixing difficulties from uncomplicated to complex—whether information you proposal you inserted doesn’t occur in a question, or the full database is corrupt as a result of a server failure. With this e-book in hand, you’ll paintings with extra confidence.
- Understand the resource of an issue, even if the answer is simple
- Handle difficulties that happen while functions run in a number of threads
- Debug and attach difficulties attributable to configuration options
- Discover how working process tuning can have an effect on your server
- Use troubleshooting innovations particular to replication issues
- Get a connection with extra troubleshooting innovations and instruments, together with third-party solutions
- Learn most sensible practices for secure and powerful troubleshooting—and for combating problems
Weighing in from the state of the art frontiers of technology, today’s so much forward-thinking minds discover the increase of “machines that think.”
Stephen Hawking lately made headlines via noting, “The improvement of complete man made intelligence might spell the top of the human race.” Others, conversely, have trumpeted a brand new age of “superintelligence” during which clever units will exponentially expand human capacities. not only a subject of science-fiction delusion (2001, Blade Runner, The Terminator, Her, etc.), it's time to heavily reflect on the truth of clever know-how, many kinds of that are already being built-in into our day-by-day lives. In that spirit, John Brockman, writer of facet. org (“the world’s smartest web site” – The Guardian), requested the world’s such a lot influential scientists, philosophers, and artists considered one of today’s so much consequential questions: What do you consider machines that think?
By Mark Beckner, Kishore Dharanikota
BizTalk 2013 Recipes offers ready-made recommendations to BizTalk Server 2013 builders. The recipes within the ebook prevent the trouble of constructing your individual ideas to universal difficulties which have been solved again and again over. The recommendations show sound perform, the results of well-deserved knowledge via those that have long gone earlier than.
awarded in a step by step structure with transparent code examples and reasons, the options in BizTalk 2013 Recipes assist you benefit from new good points and deeper functions in BizTalk Server 2013. You’ll learn how to combine your ideas with the cloud, configure BizTalk on Azure, paintings with digital facts interchange (EDI), and installation the becoming diversity of adapters for integrating with different platforms and applied sciences that you're going to stumble upon.
You’ll locate recipes masking all of the middle parts: schemas, maps, orchestrations, messaging and more. BizTalk Server 2013 is Microsoft’s market-leading platform for orchestrating method circulate throughout disparate functions. BizTalk 2013 Recipes is your key to unlocking the entire energy of that platform.
By Gary A. Donahue
Pick up the place certification tests depart off. With this useful, in-depth advisor to the whole community infrastructure, you’ll care for genuine Cisco networks, instead of the hypothetical occasions awarded on assessments just like the CCNA. Network Warrior takes you step-by-step throughout the international of routers, switches, firewalls, and different applied sciences in keeping with the author's huge box event. you can find new content material for MPLS, IPv6, VoIP, and instant during this thoroughly revised moment variation, in addition to examples of Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 switches throughout.
- An in-depth view of routers and routing
- Switching, utilizing Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches as examples
- SOHO VoIP and SOHO instant entry element layout and configuration
- Introduction to IPv6 with configuration examples
- Telecom applied sciences within the data-networking global, together with T1, DS3, body relay, and MPLS
- Security, firewall thought, and configuration, in addition to ACL and authentication
- Quality of carrier (QoS), with an emphasis on low-latency queuing (LLQ)
- IP deal with allocation, community Time Protocol (NTP), and gadget failures
By Alexandre Devert
Learn how one can create expert clinical plots utilizing matplotlib, with greater than 60 recipes that conceal universal use cases
About This Book
- Learn plotting with self-contained, sensible examples that conceal universal use cases
- Build your individual recommendations with the orthogonal recipes
- Learn to customise and mix simple plots to make subtle figures
Who This ebook Is For
If you're an engineer or scientist who desires to create nice visualizations with Python, instead of one more really expert language, this is often the booklet for you. whereas there are a number of very useful plotting programs, matplotlib is “just” a Python module. therefore, in the event you understand a few Python already, you are going to consider at domestic from the 1st steps on. if you're an program author, you will not be skipped over because the integration of matplotlib is covered.
What you'll Learn
- Discover tips to create the entire universal plots you need
- Enrich your plots with annotations and complicated legends
- Take keep an eye on of your plots and grasp shades, linestyle, and scales
- Add a size on your plots and pass 3D
- Integrate your snap shots into your applications
- Automate your paintings and generate a wide batch of graphics
- Create interactive plots with matplotlib
- Combine your plots to create subtle visualizations
matplotlib is a part of the clinical Python modules assortment. matplotlib presents a wide library of customizable plots and a accomplished set of backends. It attempts to make effortless issues effortless and tough issues attainable. you could generate plots, upload dimensions to the plots, and likewise make the plots interactive with quite a few traces of code with matplotlib. additionally, matplotlib integrates good with all universal GUI modules.
This ebook is a head-first, hands-on trip into matplotlib, the entire and sure plotting package deal for Python. you are going to find out about the elemental plots, the right way to customise them, and mix them to make subtle figures. besides uncomplicated plots, additionally, you will discover ways to make expert clinical plots.
In this e-book, you'll begin with the typical figures which are provided through so much plotting programs. you are going to how one can upload annotations, and play with kinds, shades, scales, and shapes so you might upload character and visible punch on your snap shots. additionally, you will see how one can mix numerous portraits. With this e-book you are going to the way to create refined visualizations with uncomplicated code. eventually, you may make your plots interactive.
After analyzing "matplotlib Plotting Cookbook", it is possible for you to to create the best quality plots.
By Holly Cummins
Enterprise OSGI in Action is a hands-on consultant for builders utilizing OSGi to construct the following new release of company Java functions. by means of proposing correct examples and case stories, this ebook publications the reader during the maze of recent criteria and projects.
About This Book
Enterprise OSGi is a collection of criteria for development modular Java functions which combine seamlessly with latest Java EE applied sciences. It extends the OSGi part framework to dispensed systems.
Enterprise OSGi in Action is a hands-on consultant for builders utilizing OSGi to construct company Java functions. Many examples and case experiences make it easier to construct, try out, and installation modular internet purposes. The booklet explains easy methods to benefit from dynamism, distribution, and automated dependency provisioning, whereas nonetheless integrating with current Java EE applications.
The publication is written for Java EE builders. No past event with OSGi is required.
- Build modular purposes utilizing servlets, JSPs, WARs, and JPA
- Better part reuse and robustness
- Expert counsel for Apache Aries
Purchase of the print booklet incorporates a unfastened book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Authors
Holly Cummins and Tim Ward are lead engineers who usually communicate at developerWorks, Devoxx, JavaZone, and EclipseCon. Tim has written criteria in either the OSGi center and firm necessities and either authors are energetic Apache Aries committers.
Table of Contents
- OSGi and the enterprise—why now?
- Developing an easy OSGi-based net application
- Persistence will pay off
- Packaging what you are promoting OSGi applications
- Best practices for firm applications
- Building dynamic functions with OSGi services
- Provisioning and resolution
- Tools for development and testing
- IDE improvement tools
- Hooking up distant platforms with dispensed OSGi
- Migration and integration
- Coping with the non-OSGi world
- Choosing a stack
PART 1 PROGRAMMING past hi WORLD
PART 2 construction greater firm OSGI APPLICATIONS
PART three INTEGRATING company OSGI WITH every little thing ELSE
By Max Chafkin
Apple Inc. is among the so much successful—and influential—companies of our time, the transformational innovator that made pcs not only own yet attractive daily items. know-how met layout, and our tradition used to be altered forever.
And but little or no is understood approximately existence within Apple. the corporate is pathologically secretive—even with its personal designers—about the way it comes up with its groundbreaking items: iMac, iPod, iPhone, iPad, and the subsequent “insanely nice” factor at the horizon. the following, for the 1st time, the boys and ladies who labored for and along Steve Jobs proportion their extraordinary thirty-year tale. How Apple survived approximately catastrophic failure early on. How Jobs and his staff got here to appreciate and execute layout like not anyone else. and the way their philosophy finally replaced the world.
This quickly corporation unique book is in contrast to the other ebook approximately Apple. writer Max Chafkin led a staff of journalists that spent months interviewing greater than fifty former Apple professionals and insiders, a lot of whom had by no means spoken publicly approximately their paintings. the result's a compelling and deeply revealing oral background of the way layout developed on the so much artistic firm of our time, the corporate that one former government says “taught the realm taste.”
Former colleagues describe Jobs at his such a lot superb and bombastic—hurling unsatisfactory items around the lab and insulting staff, but additionally singling out and celebrating craftsmanship and unique paintings. unquestionably, Jobs is the only most vital determine within the company’s heritage. yet ignored in Apple’s rigorously cultivated mythology are the opposite inventive women and men who’ve left an indelible mark on Apple, a few of whom imagine they deserve even more of the credits. At Apple, the stakes have been monstrous, and so have been the egos.
By Joseph Davies
Your crucial consultant to deploying IPv6 on home windows® networks
Get in-depth technical info to place IPv6 know-how to work—including networks with working home windows eight and home windows Server® 2012. Written by means of a networking professional, this reference explains IPv6 positive factors and merits, and offers specific details that can assist you enforce this protocol. You’ll research most sensible practices for utilizing IPv6 providers on your home windows community, no matter if you’re an IT expert, a community administrator, or an IT student.
Discover how to:
- Use home windows good points and instruments to enforce IPv6 in your community
- Set up a try lab to test with IPv6 configuration and performance
- Understand dynamic routing and the IPv6 routing protocols
- Use IPv6 transition applied sciences to aid either IPv4 and IPv6 in the course of deployment
- Implement IPv6 safety features and measures
- Deploy local IPv6 connectivity to an IPv4-only intranet
- Apply most sensible practices from the Microsoft company community case research
- Test your knowing of IPv6 ideas with end-of-chapter quizzes
By Mats Kindahl, Lars Thalmann
Server bottlenecks and screw ups are a truth of lifestyles in any database deployment, yet they don’t need to convey every little thing to a halt. This sensible e-book explains replication, cluster, and tracking beneficial properties which can aid shield your MySQL approach from outages, no matter if it’s operating on undefined, digital machines, or within the cloud.
Written by way of engineers who designed a number of the instruments lined, this publication finds undocumented or hard-to-find elements of MySQL reliability and excessive availability—knowledge that’s crucial for any association utilizing this database approach. This moment version describes large adjustments to MySQL instruments. models as much as 5.5 are lined, besides numerous 5.6 features.
- Learn replication basics, together with use of the binary log and MySQL Replicant Library
- Handle failing parts via redundancy
- Scale out to control read-load raises, and use facts sharding to address huge databases and write-load increases
- Store and reflect information on person nodes with MySQL Cluster
- Monitor database job and function, and significant working procedure parameters
- Keep music of masters and slaves, and care for disasters and restarts, corruption, and different incidents
- Examine instruments together with MySQL company display screen, MySQL Utilities, and GTIDs
By Semmy Purewel
Each bankruptcy comprises perform difficulties, complete examples, and psychological versions of the improvement workflow. perfect for a college-level direction, this publication is helping you start with net app improvement by means of giving you an outstanding grounding within the process.
Set up a simple workflow with a textual content editor, model keep an eye on procedure, and net browser
Structure a consumer interface with HTML, and comprise kinds with CSS
Learn the fundamentals of server-side programming with Node.js
Store info outdoor your program with Redis and MongoDB
Share your software through importing it to the cloud with CloudFoundry
Get easy information for writing maintainable code on either customer and server