By Robert Bathurst, Russ Rogers, Alijohn Ghassemlouei
Written by means of skilled penetration testers the cloth offered discusses the fundamentals of the OS X setting and its vulnerabilities. together with yet constrained to; program porting, virtualization usage and offensive strategies on the kernel, OS and instant point. This ebook presents a entire in-depth advisor to exploiting and compromising the OS X platform whereas providing the required protection and countermeasure concepts that may be used to forestall hackers
As a source to the reader, the spouse web site will offer hyperlinks from the authors, remark and updates.
*Provides proper info together with a number of the most modern OS X threats
*Easily available to these with none past OS X event
*Useful guidance and methods for exploiting and compromising OS X platforms
*Includes dialogue of protective and countermeasure purposes and the way to exploit them
*Covers cellular IOS vulnerabilities
By Cricket Liu
If you are getting ready to roll out IPv6 in your community, this concise publication offers the necessities you must aid this protocol with DNS. you will learn the way DNS was once prolonged to deal with IPv6 addresses, and the way you could configure a BIND identify server to run at the community. This e-book additionally gains tools for troubleshooting issues of IPv6 ahead- and reverse-mapping, and methods for assisting islands of IPv6 consumers converse with IPv4 resources.
- DNS and IPv6—Learn the constitution and illustration of IPv6 addresses, and the syntaxes of AAAA and PTR documents within the ip6.arpa IPv6 reverse-mapping zone
- BIND on IPv6—Use IPv6 addresses and networks in ACLs, and sign up and delegate to IPv6-speaking identify servers
- Resolver Configuration—Configure well known stub resolvers (Linux/Unix, MacOS X, and home windows) to question IPv6-speaking identify servers
- DNS64—Learn concerning the transition expertise that permits consumers with IPv6-only community stacks to speak with IPv4 servers
- Troubleshooting—Use the nslookup and dig troubleshooting instruments to seem up the IPv6 addresses of a website identify, or reverse-map an IPv6 tackle to a site name
By Mick Thompson
Today's cellular units have GPS and traditional APIs to provide you entry to coordinates—but what are you able to do with that info? With this concise e-book, program builders how one can paintings with position info quick and simply, utilizing Node.js, CouchDB, and different open resource instruments and libraries.
- Learn the right way to serve dynamic content material with Node.js, and use its asynchronous IO to deal with a number of requests at once
- Become acquainted with GeoJSON, Geohash, and the Geospatial information Abstraction Library (GDAL) for operating with spatial data
- Build geospatial indexes utilizing the GeoCouch department of CouchDB
- Combine those instruments to construct a venture that shall we clients put up real-time chat messages tagged with their present map location
By Andrew Oliviero, Bill Woodward
Develop the abilities you must layout and construct a competent, low-budget cabling infrastructure
Fully up-to-date for the growing demand of fiber optics for large-scale communications networks and telecommunication criteria, this new version is prepared into components. half I covers LAN Networks and Cabling structures bargains accomplished assurance on present cabling methodologies and is up-to-date to the most recent criteria. half II addresses Fiber-Optic Cabling and parts probes deeper into fiber optics, and will be used to organize for the Fiber Optics Installer (FOI) and/or Fiber Optics Technician (FOT) certifications, of the digital Technician's Association's top certifications.
- Explains why slicing corners is a foul idea
- Walks you thru the stumbling blocks to high-speed information transfer
- Encourages you to persist with the golden ideas of cabling
This new version is the one e-book you would like for present cabling methodologies and standards.
By David Pogue
What do you get for those who pass a Mac with an iPad? OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Its 2 hundred new gains contain Mac models of iPad chocolates like Maps, iBooks, and iTunes Radio—but no longer a unmarried web page of directions. thankfully, David Pogue is again, with the services and humor that experience made this the number one bestselling Mac booklet for over eleven years straight.
The very important belongings you have to know:
- Big-ticket changes. Finder tabs. Finder tags. App Nap. iCloud Keychain. iTunes Radio. Maps. iBooks. automated app updating. If Apple wrote it, this booklet covers it.
- Nips and tucks. This booklet demystifies the masses of smaller improvements, too, in all 50 courses that include the Mac: Safari, Mail, Calendar, Notification Center,Messages, Time Machine…
- Shortcuts. Meet the tippiest, trickiest Mac e-book ever written. Undocumented surprises wait for on each page.
- Power users. safeguard, networking, build-your-own companies, dossier sharing with home windows, even Mac OS X’s Unix chassis—this one witty, specialist advisor makes all of it crystal clear.
There’s anything new on essentially each web page of this version, and David Pogue brings his celebrated wit and services to each one in every of them.
Linux deployment keeps to extend, and so does the call for for certified and licensed Linux method directors. in case you are looking a job-based certification from the Linux expert Institute (LPI), this up-to-date advisor may also help you organize for the technically hard LPIC point 1 assessments one hundred and one and 102.
The 3rd variation of this ebook is a meticulously researched connection with those assessments, written through running shoes who paintings heavily with LPI. you will discover an outline of every examination, a precis of the center talents you wish, evaluation questions and routines, in addition to a learn advisor, a convention try, and tricks that can assist you focus.
Major issues include:
- Critical GNU and Unix commands
- Linux install and package deal management
- Devices and filesystems
- Text modifying, processing, and printing
- The X Window System
- Networking and security
- Mail move agents
- Email, FTP, and net services
These tests are for junior to mid-level Linux directors with approximately years of useful approach management adventure. you need to be pleased with Linux on the command line and able to appearing easy initiatives, together with method set up and troubleshooting.
By Vince Buffalo
instead of educate bioinformatics as a collection of workflows which are more likely to switch with this speedily evolving box, this ebook demsonstrates the perform of bioinformatics via facts talents. Rigorous evaluate of knowledge caliber and of the effectiveness of instruments is the basis of reproducible and powerful bioinformatics research. via open resource and freely to be had instruments, you will study not just the right way to do bioinformatics, yet tips on how to procedure difficulties as a bioinformatician.
- Go from dealing with small issues of messy scripts to tackling huge issues of shrewdpermanent tools and instruments
- Focus on high-throughput (or "next generation") sequencing facts
- Learn facts research with glossy tools, as opposed to masking older theoretical techniques
- Understand tips on how to decide upon and enforce the easiest device for the task
- Delve into tools that bring about more straightforward, extra reproducible, and strong bioinformatics research
Enjoyed through teachers for its visible and versatile solution to construct laptop talents, the Illustrated sequence is perfect for educating MICROSOFT workplace EXCEL 2010 to either computing device newcomers and hotshots. each one two-page unfold makes a speciality of a unmarried ability, making details effortless to stick with and take up. huge, full-color illustrations symbolize how the scholars' reveal should still glance. Concise textual content introduces the fundamental ideas of the lesson and integrates a case examine for extra program.
By Iljitsch Van Beijnum
Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is the routing protocol used to replace routing details around the net. It enables ISPs to hook up with one another and for end-users to connect with multiple ISP. BGP is the single protocol that's designed to accommodate a community of the Internet's dimension, and the single protocol which can deal good with having a number of connections to unrelated routing domains.
This booklet is a advisor to all points of BGP: the protocol, its configuration and operation in a web surroundings, and the way to troubleshooting it. The ebook additionally describes find out how to safe BGP, and the way BGP can be utilized as a device in battling dispensed Denial of carrier (DDoS) assaults. even though the examples all through this publication are for Cisco routers, the innovations mentioned will be utilized to any BGP-capable router.
The subject matters include:
* inquiring for an AS quantity and IP addresses
* course filtering through distant ISPs and the way to prevent this
* Configuring the preliminary BGP setup
* Balancing the to be had incoming or outgoing site visitors over the to be had connections
* Securing and troubleshooting BGP
* BGP in better networks: interplay with inner routing protocols, scalability issues
* BGP in net merchant networks
The publication is full of quite a few configuration examples with extra complicated case stories on the finish of the publication to reinforce your realizing. BGP is for someone attracted to developing trustworthy connectivity to the web.
By Michael J. Donahoo, Kenneth L. Calvert
"TCP/IP sockets in C# is a superb publication for somebody attracted to writing community purposes utilizing Microsoft .Net frameworks. it's a distinct mixture of good written concise textual content and wealthy conscientiously chosen set of operating examples. For the newbie of community programming, it is a stable beginning e-book; nevertheless execs make the most of first-class convenient pattern code snippets and fabric on issues like message parsing and asynchronous programming."
Adarsh Khare, SDT, .Net Frameworks workforce, Microsoft Corporation
The approval for the C# language and the .NET framework is ever emerging as a result of its ease of use, the vast classification libraries to be had within the .NET Framework, and the ubiquity of the Microsoft home windows working approach, to call a number of merits. TCP/IP Sockets in C# makes a speciality of the Sockets API, the de facto normal for writing community purposes in any programming language. beginning with easy customer and server courses that use TCP/IP (the net protocol suite), scholars and practitioners fast study the fundamentals and circulation directly to firsthand event with complex subject matters together with non-blocking sockets, multiplexing, threads, asynchronous programming, and multicasting. Key community programming innovations akin to framing, functionality and deadlocks are illustrated via hands-on examples. utilizing an in depth but transparent, concise strategy, this publication contains a variety of code examples and concentrated discussions to supply a pretty good realizing of programming TCP/IP sockets in C#.
*Tutorial-based guideline in key sockets programming ideas complemented by way of a variety of code examples all through
*Discussion strikes speedy into the C# Sockets API definition and code examples, fascinating when you are looking to get up-to-speed quickly
*Important insurance of "under the hood" info that builders will locate valuable while developing and utilizing a socket or the next point TCP classification that makes use of sockets
*Includes end-of-chapter workouts to facilitate studying, in addition to pattern code on hand for obtain on the book’s significant other site
*Tutorial-based guideline in key sockets programming concepts complemented through a number of code examples all through
*Discussion strikes quick into the C# Sockets API definition and code examples, fascinating should you are looking to get up-to-speed quickly
*Important insurance of "under the hood" information that builders will locate beneficial whilst developing and utilizing a socket or a better point TCP classification that makes use of sockets
*Includes end-of-chapter routines to facilitate studying, in addition to pattern code on hand for obtain on the book's significant other website